WHO WE ARE:
Ms. Amy Hard is the MS Drama Teacher & Director/Producer of the MS Musical. She teaches Advanced 8th Grade Theatre and Theatre Arts Appreciation 7/8. She works with Arena Stage’s Voices of Now Project, Shakespeare Theatre’s Text Alive!, and is the Director of Rambunctious Theatre Company/Robinson Drama Summer Camps. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Nick Calamito teaches 8th Grade English and Directs/Produces the MS Musical. email@example.com
WHAT’S GOING ON THIS YEAR? (Dates subject to change)
PETER PAN JR- the Musical:
- Audition Workshop #1 THURS 10/13; #2 MON 10/17
- Optional! Learn the dance, the music, get advice, ask questions, familiarize yourself with the process, get comfortable with the directors & the material! Thursday we learn the song/dance combo for the dance audition. Monday is an open rehearsal you can work with other friends/actors/etc. Come to one, both, neither- up to you! Late buses available. Ends 430pm.
- Audition Packets available at the workshops, or in D106 beginning Friday, Oct 14 (all the instructions & materials you need)
- Sign up for an audition slot at the workshops, or during passing/RAISE/before or after school in D106. You MUST have an audition slot in order to audition!
- AUDITIONS ARE MON 10/24 & TUES 10/25 from 3pm - 6pm. You select a 15 minute chunk on either day (if you need a late bus, choose Monday before the 415pm slot). Write down your appointment. Make a decision before you come sign up. Try to avoid changing it.
- ALL of the info for what to do, etc is in the Audition Packet (pick up in D106 or at the workshop, or download under Audition Packet button)
- Dance Audition (all must participate to be cast) WED 10/26 until late buses (430pm)
- Learn the dance/song combo from the Audition Workshop. Have the directors assess how you pick up the choreography, your attitude at a rehearsal, and what kind of a mover you are. Many roles are NOT dancing roles! Many roles don't sing. Just give it your all! All roles require BRAVERY and commitment.
- Callback Audition (invite only) THURS 10/27 3pm - 7pm
- Plan to stay till late- evening. We will feed you. The list will be posted here and in school on Thursday morning. The longer you can stay with us, the more we get to see you work.
- Cast List posted FRI 10/28 (or Final Callback FRI 10/28, with posting to follow online)
- Technical (Behind the Scenes) Interest Meeting MON 11/28
- Shows Feb 9 - 19
Arena Stage: Voices of Now Work with professional theatre teaching artists from world-renowned Arena Stage (DC) in free workshops and perform at Arena Stage! Please see VON (Voices of Now) flyer for details and info (available in SS7 & SS8 offices and D106)! Open to all RMS Students!
8th Advanced Drama to perform Romeo & Juliet at The Shakespeare Theatre DC 10am SAT DEC 3
Theatre Sports/Comedic Improvisation Workshop MON 11/14 Open to all RMS Students!
Theatre Sports HS/MS at Robinson FEB 23
8th Grade Children’s Plays APR 3 - 8
Play in a Day JUN 3 Open to all RMS Students!
Arena Stage Voices of Now MAY 25 - 28
Robinson MS Talent Show TBA Open to all RMS Students!
8th Advanced NYC Trip JUNE 10-11
Summer: STAGE DOOR, Auditioning, and Musical Theatre Camps!